3790 kr NOK
A 12th Scale the Awesomatix Way
The Awesomatix A12 features a completely new design compared to any previous 12th scale car on the market. The A12 does not have a standard lower deck / chassis and lower pod plate, but rather is com-posed of two parts that work in tandem and are connected with ball joints. The outer frame of these two suspension components contributes to the spring action of the car as it functions like a large spring. The inner frame contains the front end, servo, receiver, esc and battery. A hydraulic damper is built between these two parts of the frame, providing easily adjustable dampening and rear axle movement. The end result is a suspension and pivot movement that is similar to conventional 12th scale cars but has proven to be far more durable and tweak free.
Additionally, the alloy side braces on the outer spring frame offer several possibilities to play with rate of the “rear suspension” by simply moving and adjusting a set screw. The stiffness of the chassis can be ad-justed very quickly for a variety of track conditions.
The A12 follows the Awesomatix tradition of innovation by using specially designed hydraulic rotary dampeners instead of traditional oil piston shocks. The A12 rear rotary damper unit is very compact in size and mounted at the lowest possible point on the chassis. Inside of the damper case are two rotary damper “vanes” that work independently to ensure smooth and efficient dampening, which can be adjust-ed by different viscosity silicon oil. This carefully designed damper provides the required ratio between both the longitudinal and side dampening needed to excel on any track condition. This rear damper is easi-ly removable, too, as just two screws allow for the “quick release” of the entire unit.
Front End Design
The 7075 T6 aluminum front hubs on the A12 have created a highly adjustable front end design. This king-pin design enables the use of different viscosity oil, grease, and o-rings within the front hubs along with traditional coil-over springs to ensure optimal performance on any racing surface.
Setting the front end camber is quite simple and is done by turning the kingpin post. Predetermined holes in the front carbon suspension plate line up with predrilled holes in the kingpin post which together de-termine camber angle. This allows camber to be changed in 0.25 degree increments, from 0.75 to 1.75 degrees.
The A12s stiff front bumper design matches the shape of the front carbon suspension plate and is cut at an angle to match the front-end shape of most commonly used body shells. Unlike most 12th scale kit bumpers, no hand fitment is required and the bumper’s stiffness helps prevent damage in the case of a crash.
The Inner Frame
The design concept of the car supports an inline battery and centralized electronics placement. The servo is mounted to the front end cross plate. Multiple sizes and shapes of servos can be used, up until a maxi-mum dimension of 35mm x 30mm x 15mm. The ESC, receiver, servo and transponder are located in front of the battery. The rear rotary dampener is positioned under the battery at the back of the Inner Frame. The inner frame connects to the outer frame with 2 ball joints at the front end that allow it to pivot, and small hooks on each side of the damper vane connect it to the rear pod assembly to provide the ideal dampening level.
The carbon side wings offer two possibilities for both side spring placement and rear body posts position. The side spring positions offered on the car allow for variable side roll stiffness depending on the condi-tions. Depending on the body shell used and its mounting position, the narrow or wider holes may be more suitable to ensure no deformation of the body shell at high speeds.
Rear end design
Another Awesomatix innovation is an ultra-lightweight spring steel-alloy composite spool axle which uses a center nut to quickly change the spur gear. The total weight of this fully-metal spool unit is less than the most competitors’ carbon spools but with far greater total strength and torsional rigidity.
The very light, solid circular aluminum rear beam provides exceptional rigidity and a tweak-free operation for the rear pod. This rear beam can be set in a short or long wheelbase position, and shims used under this beam set the desired ride height.
3250 kr NOKSchumacher scored sensational wins in both the modified and stock classes at the 2020 LMP12 IFMAR World Championships with Marc Rheinard and Andy Murray.
Now Andy and the Schumacher Engineering team have applied their race winning knowledge to create the new Eclipse 4. The Eclipse 4 includes proven World Championship winning features such as an alloy chassis and a lightweight rear spool. New innovations such as big bore damper tubes, and single nut rear wheel fixing, make the Eclipse 4 even faster, lighter, and easier to maintain. The Eclipse 4 is the ultimate professional LMP12 racing chassis kit. The champions choice!
- NEW – Revolutionary solid rear axle using single nut wheel fixing. Along with quicker wheel changes and easier use, the rotating and unsprung mass has been significantly reduced offering better performance. (Even when compared to CR721 Solid axle design). 18% lighter system overall.
- NEW – Rear wheel design allowing the use of the new wheel fixing method. While also reducing mass, flexibility has been improved for more equal stiffness around the wheel.
- NEW – Updated Alloy chassis included in the kit.
- NEW – Refined top deck shape with slightly increased flex in the front end section.
- NEW – Big Bore Side and Centre Damper design offering improved damping. They also give greater damping oil retention (less frequent maintenance required) and a compact and central design. Damper geometry changes have improved damping characteristics.
- NEW – Stronger pod base helping to remove any twist in the rear pod and therefore tweak.
- NEW – Front beam improving front end flex characteristics.
- NEW – Front beam socket using o-ring fixing system to allow easy building and replacing of individual parts.
- NEW – King pin with improved suspension action due to a new surface finish. Stiction from full droop vastly reduced and updated damping oil retention.
- NEW – 1.5° Camber strap included in the kit.
- NEW – Tyre truer adapter included to suit 1/12 front wheels and the new hex rear wheel.
- NEW – Optional lightweight alloy speed control fan mount for 25mm fans.
- – Compatible with all Eclipse ball differentials and CORE-RC CR721 Solid axle design when using JT2 range of wheel/tyres.
- – Tweak free battery mounting using o-ring fixing with easy loop over design.
- – Titanium steering turnbuckles included as standard.
- – Thread inserts make working on the car quick and simple.
- – Fully adjustable front end (track width, ride height, toe, camber, caster, damping, bump steer and ackermann).
- – Rotationally balanced left rear wheel clamp.
- – Lightweight independent roll and bump springs with low centre of gravity.
- – Ultra-low motor position.
- – Lightweight low centre of gravity CNC alloy rear transmission housings.
- – Adjustable anti-squat and pro squat, independent of droop setting.
- – Ultra-balanced rear pod assembly.
- – 76t 64dp Kimbrough high efficiency spur as standard (options available).
- – Full range of optional springs, front, side and rear.
- – Fully adjustable body mounting system.
- – Chassis balance pivot holes. For use with U3582 pivot set. To optimise left/right weight distribution.
- – Extra low rear roll centre.
- – Rear tweak adjustment via side springs.
- – Adjustable rear ride height using interchangeable inserts with improved fitment (0.25mm increments).
- – Lightweight rear droop adjustment.
- – 1/12 scale Kimbrough servo saver with stiffener included as standard.
- – All black aluminium M3 nuts as standard.
- – Accepts a huge range of industry standard body shells, motors, batteries, and speed controllers.
Equipment Needed 2 Channel Radio Motor Servo Electric Speed Control 1S Lipo Battery Bodyshell & Paint Wheels and Tyres Eclipse 4 Specification Power Source: ELECTRIC Model Type: 2WD, ON-ROAD, COMPETITION Length: 283mm Width: 172mm Top Speed: 40 MPH+ Wheelbase: 202mm