Awesomatix A12 1/12-Scale
På lager3290 kr NOK
A 12th Scale the Awesomatix Way
The Awesomatix A12 features a completely new design compared to any previous 12th scale car on the market. The A12 does not have a standard lower deck / chassis and lower pod plate, but rather is com-posed of two parts that work in tandem and are connected with ball joints. The outer frame of these two suspension components contributes to the spring action of the car as it functions like a large spring. The inner frame contains the front end, servo, receiver, esc and battery. A hydraulic damper is built between these two parts of the frame, providing easily adjustable dampening and rear axle movement. The end result is a suspension and pivot movement that is similar to conventional 12th scale cars but has proven to be far more durable and tweak free.
Additionally, the alloy side braces on the outer spring frame offer several possibilities to play with rate of the “rear suspension” by simply moving and adjusting a set screw. The stiffness of the chassis can be ad-justed very quickly for a variety of track conditions.
The A12 follows the Awesomatix tradition of innovation by using specially designed hydraulic rotary dampeners instead of traditional oil piston shocks. The A12 rear rotary damper unit is very compact in size and mounted at the lowest possible point on the chassis. Inside of the damper case are two rotary damper “vanes” that work independently to ensure smooth and efficient dampening, which can be adjust-ed by different viscosity silicon oil. This carefully designed damper provides the required ratio between both the longitudinal and side dampening needed to excel on any track condition. This rear damper is easi-ly removable, too, as just two screws allow for the “quick release” of the entire unit.
Front End Design
The 7075 T6 aluminum front hubs on the A12 have created a highly adjustable front end design. This king-pin design enables the use of different viscosity oil, grease, and o-rings within the front hubs along with traditional coil-over springs to ensure optimal performance on any racing surface.
Setting the front end camber is quite simple and is done by turning the kingpin post. Predetermined holes in the front carbon suspension plate line up with predrilled holes in the kingpin post which together de-termine camber angle. This allows camber to be changed in 0.25 degree increments, from 0.75 to 1.75 degrees.
The A12s stiff front bumper design matches the shape of the front carbon suspension plate and is cut at an angle to match the front-end shape of most commonly used body shells. Unlike most 12th scale kit bumpers, no hand fitment is required and the bumper’s stiffness helps prevent damage in the case of a crash.
The Inner Frame
The design concept of the car supports an inline battery and centralized electronics placement. The servo is mounted to the front end cross plate. Multiple sizes and shapes of servos can be used, up until a maxi-mum dimension of 35mm x 30mm x 15mm. The ESC, receiver, servo and transponder are located in front of the battery. The rear rotary dampener is positioned under the battery at the back of the Inner Frame. The inner frame connects to the outer frame with 2 ball joints at the front end that allow it to pivot, and small hooks on each side of the damper vane connect it to the rear pod assembly to provide the ideal dampening level.
The carbon side wings offer two possibilities for both side spring placement and rear body posts position. The side spring positions offered on the car allow for variable side roll stiffness depending on the condi-tions. Depending on the body shell used and its mounting position, the narrow or wider holes may be more suitable to ensure no deformation of the body shell at high speeds.
Rear end design
Another Awesomatix innovation is an ultra-lightweight spring steel-alloy composite spool axle which uses a center nut to quickly change the spur gear. The total weight of this fully-metal spool unit is less than the most competitors’ carbon spools but with far greater total strength and torsional rigidity.
The very light, solid circular aluminum rear beam provides exceptional rigidity and a tweak-free operation for the rear pod. This rear beam can be set in a short or long wheelbase position, and shims used under this beam set the desired ride height.
ECLIPSE 5 – 1/12TH CIRCUIT
På lager3750 kr NOK
- NEW – Alloy chassis design with a much shorter overall length. This allows for reduced chassis scrubbing along with a significant weight reduction from beyond both front and rear axles. These benefits allow the car to enter a corner more effortlessly and when in the corner, rotation is achieved more freely.
- NEW – Upgraded left and right rear hex wheel clamps to prevent any wheel wobble issues. Now perfectly true running wheels with our unique single nut rear wheels/solid axle!
- NEW – Servo mounting has been improved, resulting in direct mounting for the Sanwa micro range of servos such as the PGS-HR and SRG-HR. Direct and easy alignment onto the centre of the car. In doing this the chassis flexibility characteristics have been vastly improved, for performance and strength, by removing the large, off centre transverse slots previously used. All other brands of servo still can be used with the ultra-lightweight floating servo mount, included.
- NEW – Lightweight and flexible 3D printed rubber bumper, offering perfect body shell protection. Compared to the previous foam bumper, it is also very durable and long lasting.
- NEW – Black aluminium steering turnbuckles now included. Stealth and lighter weight.
- NEW – Updated top decks design, further reducing the polar moment of inertia. They now secure at the front within the wheelbase.
- NEW – The front lower beam has been improved, mounting in line with the front axle, and further reducing this forward weight, allowing for the reduced chassis length. The new beam makes use of super easy, slide in, speed secret ride height spacers. 0.5mm U7920 and 0.75mm U7921.
- NEW – Independent and lightweight front bumper mount makes front end assembly far easier. The front bumper can now be removed with only 2 screws.
- NEW – Moulded lighter weight front hub carrier design with much improved suspension action and damping characteristics. Un-sprung mass has also been reduced.
- NEW – Tweak free and easy LiPo mounting using new lighter weight O-ring fixing.
- NEW – Interchangeable front LiPo position stops with 4 equally spaced settings included.
- NEW – Optional 1.0° camber strap option available. 1.5° camber is included in the kit for maximum steering and lap time in most conditions.
- NEW – Pod offset has been refined to achieve the perfect pod balance with a wider range of modern motors.
- NEW – Lightweight pod carbon parts for lower centre of gravity and overall car weight.
- NEW – Underside Variable Chassis chamfers, offering improved ground clearance, smoother scrubbing and better clearance to curbs or other corner markers.
Not forgetting all the usual features that have made the Eclipse IFMAR World and EFRA European Champion.
– Range of optional colour coded front springs.
– Big Bore side and centre dampers offering long lasting damping. They also give great damping oil retention (less frequent maintenance required) and a compact and central design. Damper geometry changes have improved damping characteristics.
– Lightweight pod assembly for smoother, more predictable drivability and bump handling. Strengthened for tweak prevention.
– Lightweight Low Centre of Gravity CNC Alloy Motor Mounts.
– Rear ride height adjusters, easier adjustment and 0.25mm height increments.
– Front beam socket using O-ring fixing system.
– Thread insert design making work on the car much quicker and simpler.
– Easy body shell height adjustment.
– Extra low rear roll centre pivot height for awesome rear traction.
– Centre pivot design for easy build and maintenance, with a fully bind free design.
– All black nuts as standard.
– Perfectly balanced rear pod assembly.
– Ultra-low motor position.
– Full range of colour coded rear and side springs.
– Separate springs for independent roll and bump stiffness adjustment.
– Ball bearing front and rear axles.
– Adjustable toe-in/out.
– Chassis balance pivot holes. For use with U3582 Precision Balance Pivot Set. (Available Separately) To optimise left/right weight distribution.
– Rear tweak adjustment via side springs.
– Simple rear droop adjustment.
– Small Kimbrough servo saver with stiffener included as standard.
– High tensile steel hex screws used throughout.
– High quality easy to follow instruction manual.
– Range of World Championship Winning Contact RC foam tyres available.
– Accepts a huge range of industry standard body shells, motors, LiPo’s and speed controllers.
– Suitable for USA rules GT12 racing.
Equipment Needed 2 Channel Radio Motor Servo Electric Speed Control 1S Lipo Battery Bodyshell & Paint Wheels and Tyres Eclipse 5 Specification Power Source: ELECTRIC Model Type: 2WD, ON-ROAD, COMPETITION Length: 280mm Width: 172mm Top Speed: 40 MPH+ Wheelbase: 202mm