The Schumacher FT8 – Design and engineering excellence.
The FT8 has been developed by Schumacher’s world class engineering team to make a fast and great handling front wheel drive touring car.
With a low centre of gravity, light weight, and fine attention to detail, the FT8 is a pleasure to build, maintain, and to drive.
The FT8 contains all the features and adjustments you need from a high end front wheel drive to take you to the top of the podium. The FT8, drive from the front.
The FT8 in prototype form has achieved some excellent results including;
BRCA FWD National Win, 2nd’s and 3rd’s, Andy Murray, Aaron Rose and Jamie Hickin. EWS overall Championship win, Shane Chipolina. MiCC Championship 2nd & 3rd, Aaron Rose & Jamie Hickin.
- New – C/F Chassis designed with adjustability of flex characteristics in mind.
- New – Vertical servo mounting allows a heavily forward weight bias.
- New – Motor positioned directly behind servo for optimal weight distribution.
- New – Single bell crank steering for a smooth feeling. Compact design allows the battery to be positioned favourably.
- New – 3D printed bumper with weight options available.
– Precision hard anodised alloy gear diff, with large oil volume for consistency throughout a run. Ball raced differential outputs with high precision gears.
– Twin upper suspension link design for flexibility characteristics and tuning of castor.
– Front body height limit control included in the kit with a lightweight and simple solution.
– Carbon fibre wishbones with pivot ball mounting inboard and outboard.
– Super low profile shock absorbers and a mounting layout designed for super low centre of gravity.
– Both Vertical and Horizontal rear body mounting options included in the kit.
– Transmission housings designed to lower centre of gravity, maximise durability and optimise geometry and flexibility.
– Anti roll bar design lowers centre of gravity.
– Ultra fine adjustment eccentrics for optimum belt tension and diff height adjustment.
– Lower bumper moulding prevents the bumper touching down on track.
– Black alloy turnbuckles used throughout.
– 22 precision ball raced bearings.
– “O” ring retained alloy wheel hexes.
– Hollow, precision steel layshaft.
– Ultra durable ‘Long Life’ blades.
– Improved belt efficiency which can be run much looser without slipping.
– Arrowmax supplied 92T 64dp industry standard fitting spur gear.
– Symmetrical chassis cutout offers consistent chassis flex.
– LiPo adjustment for fine tuning weight distribution.
– Rear track rod for infinite adjustment to rear toe-in. This can be tuned for the use of Active Rear Suspension.
– Aerospace carbon fibre components throughout.
– Ultra low centre of gravity.
– Double wishbone suspension for increased suspension rigidity, and reduced play.
– Durable and more efficient drive train with larger pulleys 22:40.
– Fully adjustable, suspension geometry, wheelbase, castor, camber, roll centre, ackermann, droop, anti-dive, anti-squat, front and rear toe in/out, ride height and much more.
– Option Parts available to fine tune to all track conditions.
– LiPo retention mouldings. No tape required.
– Rebuildable, super durable steel double joint driveshafts.
– Low profile threaded insert. Eliminates the need for nuts.
Equipment Needed 2 Channel Radio Motor Servo (Low Profile) Electric Speed Control Wheels & Tyres 2S Lipo Battery, stick or shorty Bodyshell Motor Pinion – 64dp Mi8 Specification Power Source: ELECTRIC Model Type: 2WD, ON-ROAD, COMPETITION Length: 300mm Width: 185mm Top Speed: 40 MPH +
A800FXC Evo 1/10 Front-Wheel Drive Touring Car
Based upon the class revolutionizing A800FX platform and the feedback from racers around the globe, we designed and created the new A800FX Evo FWD Touring Car. The main goals were to further enhance the performance in all conditions and increase the setup range to suit all track conditions.
Since weight distribution is the main setup tool for a FWD car, we re-worked the main chassis design and extended the wheelbase. This increase in wheelbase allows for further adjustability in weight bias and creates more forward traction. We also redesigned the rear of the car for better flex distribution.
The steering unit is a completely new design! We took the concept of the proven single bell crank steering from the A800MMX and transformed it into the A800FX Evo. The result is a servo holder with an integrated steering mount.
This compact new system has less parts and is more reliable, particularly on unprepped or dirty tracks. To get enough clearance for the movement of the bell crank, we needed to slightly modify the front bulkheads as well.
With the new ST230 bumper weight there are now 130g inside the front bumper, which will further increase traction. Two pairs of included 5g and 10g weights allows to further change the weight bias.
The Motormount, which is placed dead center in the middle line of the chassis, combined with the newly designed topdecks, offers a variety of flex options. A new front top deck design provides increased front end flex and the option to increase flex even more by using steel collar inserts. Furthermore, the new included rear stiffener in combination with the vertical strut create even more tuning options.
Also included are the ST69-00 linear spring screws, as well as the AT119 alloy spring screw holders.
The D2.2-S-P Dampers with the P63 Damper Pistons are standard in the kit as is the adjustable C105A rear body holder.
All the new updates make the A800FX Evo even easier to drive on all track conditions and guarantee close racing at the racetrack. Grab yours and enjoy the pure fun of this class.
Special Features of the A800FXC Evo version:
– NEW C01FXCL 2.2mm Carbon Lower deck for A800FXC Evo kit
– NEW special designed AM24FX Servo Holder
– NEW special designed AM180FX Bell crank
– NEW special designed AM78FX Bulkhead
– NEW special designed AM30FX Rear Stiffener
– NEW special designed AT159 Strut
– NEW special designed C107S front topdeck
– NEW special designed C27FX-2 rear topdeck
– NEW special designed ST230 Bumper Weight (130g.)
– ST69-00 + AT119 Linear Spring Screw and Alloy Holder
– C105A Rear Adjustable Body holder
– D2.2-S-P Damper set with P63 Damper Piston
Radio Receiver and Transmitter, ESC, Servo, Motor, Fan, Pinon and Spur Gear, Lipo, Bodyshell and Tires are not included in the kit. They are only used for presentation of full equipped car.